The Chartered Economist recognizes the
responsibility of the economics professional to foster ethical standards in our profession.
The Ch.E. does hereby adopt the following CODE OF
ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS to provide direction in attaining high principles of truth,
justice, zeal and good faith dealings.
- To abide by all international regulations.
- To maintain high standards of conduct when
seeking employment, performing services and negotiating transactions so as to create a high
ethical standard to the public.
- To continue building the acknowledge-base of
our professional community through study collaboration and continuing education.
- To build confidence and the trust of the
public and our employers using diligence, honesty, cooperation and confidentiality.
- To provide occasional pro-bono assistance to
disadvantaged persons who may seek insight and advice in the economics and related fields
where we are qualified to do so.
- To work with University, Colleges, other
professional bodies and academic groups in improving economics standards and the practical
economics education of individuals.
- To illustrate zeal and professionalism with
all our dealings with clients and customers.
- To observe the Chartered Economist – Ch.E.
designation trademarks, service marks, intellectual property rights of the GAFM™ / ACCE™
- To reduce waste, improve efficiency and
protect the environment through the effective use of natural resources without causing more
harm than good.